Friday, August 20, 2010

Facial hair loss due to fungal infection?

There is a spot under my chin that has stopped growing hair. At first I didn't worry about it and then the spot started getting bigger. I know that fungal infections like ringworm can cause hair loss. But, the skin isn't itchy, discolored, or dry whatsoever. The only thing unusual about the spot is that hair isn't growing there. What's going on? I've been applying an anti-fungal cream for two days. If that doesn't work after a week, I'll see a doctor. But, has anyone seen this before?Facial hair loss due to fungal infection?
Try looking into Tinea capitis which is a superficial fungal infection (dermatophytosis) of the scalp.





Here are the treatment suggestions:


The treatment of choice by dermatologist is a safe and inexpensive medication, griseofulvin, often dosed at 2 times the labeled dose at 20 mg/kg/day. It is usually used for 8 to 12 weeks.





Let me know if this information was helpful! :)Facial hair loss due to fungal infection?
If anti fungal cream is not working, it means the infection is deeper in the skin, so you will need anti fungal tablets off your doctor.
this kind of thing happened to my brother on the back of his head try using some anti fungal cream for about a mont h or until u feel little hairs starting to grow back

No comments:

Post a Comment