Monday, July 26, 2010

My 9yr old son suffered a head injury/facial contusion at school. I was not even called. Can I sue them?

He got off the bus that afternoon crying. His eye was almost completely swollen shut and he was holding a ziplock bag of hot water to it. I want to sue them for making him stay at school and suffer with that kind of injury. What kind of lawyer do I need?My 9yr old son suffered a head injury/facial contusion at school. I was not even called. Can I sue them?
I will not advice you to immediately sue if injury was minor. However, you cannot let it go either without raising some issues. It was, at best, the worst kind of poor judgment possible on the school's part. I hope you took some pictures They should have immediately contacted the parents and failed to do so to alert you what had happened.





Any kind of wound requires (even a little bump) certain precautions, which the school may or may not have taken; it is unlikely they took any.





Demand a written apology, send them a bill if you you took your child for an examination and tell them if they do not do so within the next ten days from the day they receive the letter you may sue.





The child was crying and there is something that can be demanded for the child's pain and suffering. A good lawyer can capitalize on it. The issue here is not really that injury occurred, happens all the time when kids play, it is their treatment afterward. That is the key. Pain and suffering establishing on behalf of a child is far easier than in the case of an adult. Give the school a chance first. if they behave arrogantly, sue.





Edit: A personal injury lawyer is needed (Torts).My 9yr old son suffered a head injury/facial contusion at school. I was not even called. Can I sue them?
Call an attorney who deals with personal injury cases. That is not acceptable! The school should have called you and let you know what happened.





See here, I might be getting thumbs down, but it is always a good idea to call an attorney and receive consultation on what you should do, what your rights are. If people don't like my answer, that's too bad.





And the question wasn't asking anything but what type of lawyer is needed for this type of case. Let the lawyer tell the parent what they should do, and if they have a case.
Before you think of suing, you don't have all the facts straight


You need to ask what happen to someone who was near the accident


If the facts were unbelievable yet they didn't call you, then you should have a right to sue the school.
First of all talk to the school officials and see what happened. If you don't like the answers then sue. Any lawyer who will take the case.*
It was most likely an accident. Things like this happen all of the time.





Stuff happens. He will be OK.





No, don't sue the school. Geezzz.
Don't bother. All you are going to do is waste time and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment