Friday, July 23, 2010

Is it true about the facial brusing?

Hi im due to have my molar and wisdom tooth out on the 10th oct, but i have been told that i will have severe facial bruising, i have work the next day ad i don't want people to think ive been punched in the face.





Thanks in advanceIs it true about the facial brusing?
I recently had my wisdoms out. About three weeks ago. I didnt bruise at all just swelled slightly. I didnt look like a chipmunk - the swelling was only noticable by people who knew my face well. Dont worry. It is not that bad. If you are going to the walk in-walk out surgery then you will be fine. It is over in like ten minutes. They numb you then pop the tooth out. Just becareful not to get an infection. buy yourself antibacterial mouthwash. works wonders. Good LuckIs it true about the facial brusing?
There may be a little bruising - you put o little hot and clod on your face after the dentist ( a small ice pack and then a hot towel) this should help and then buy some arnica cream (before you go to the dentist) and apply this as soon after as you can and at regular intervals this is really good for bruising and will minimise it.


Good Luck
When I had my wisdom teeth out, I had bruising on the bottom right side of my jaw. It was quite a big patch, but it was not obvious. It was slightly yellowish, not the kind of blue-black you see on TV. I think, however, the degree of bruising differs from person to person. It depends on how the tooth was extracted (a lot of force etc).
Some bruising may occur but it is not common. I had all four wisdom teeth out at the same time and had lamost no brusing at all, equally my wife had two out and did not have a mark on her face but it may be swollen and depending on the pain I would strongly suggest you take the day off!
Everybody's different regarding how badly they'd bruise. I never had any bruising but I did have huge swelling. Make sure you've got plenty painkillers if you're working next day, personally I'd be taking a sickie.
I had 3 wisdom teeth removed and had no swelling or bruising.


Everyone's different, you may or may not have.


I would think about taking the next day off work, you will probably be sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment