Sunday, July 25, 2010

Facial scrub for seriously dry skin?

For anybody who has dry/reactive/sensitive skin-





I just started using a cream with retinol in it recently. I already have skin that is prone to dryness, but this has added to the dryness and has resulted in a ton of peeling. I have tried a few scrubs over the past week, but none have been useful as far as exfoliating the flaky skin.





What is a good exfoliant that you would recommend for very flaky skin? I am looking for one that is considerably strong.Facial scrub for seriously dry skin?
You can use sugar scrub. Strong, effective, cheapest.


Mix in your palm with either water or oil a bit of sugar. Before it melts wash your face with it, and gently scrub. You'll get rid of all of the flakes. Does not need to be brown sugar! If peeling bothers you too much, cut back Retin A to 2-3 times a week, than build it up. Too weaken Retin A's too drying effect, you can put moisturiser on your face after 20 minutes of Retin A application. If you want to increase the peeling, apply Retin A on damp skin.


I use the strongest Retin A 0.01% cream, not gel. This is how I deal with it. Although after more than a year, I don't peel much.Facial scrub for seriously dry skin?
St Ives swiss formula facial scrub is AMAZING it really works wonders on my skin and makes it feel fresh, clean and really soft! It has lots of natural exfoliates in it so it would be great on your skin and should take all the flaky skin off.

No comments:

Post a Comment