Sunday, July 25, 2010

Best facial cleanser & moisturizer for teen daughter?

My daughter has extremely dry skin in the ';t zone';. We have tried this velocity cleanser and moisturizer by Mary Kay, it says it is for dry skin. But it doesn't seem to be helping. She keeps asking to get the Proactive line, has anyone with dry skin used this? What other brands are good for teen skin?Best facial cleanser %26amp; moisturizer for teen daughter?
I am a licensed esthetician, in other words, I do facials. My first question is when you say she is dry, do you mean that she has flakes or is it tight feeling? If she has flakes, all that means is that she has dead skin that needs to be exfoliated. Flaky skin is not indicative of a true dry skin type. My guess, since she is 14, is that she is combination to oily skin type. She needs a cleanser, face scrub %26amp; a moisturizer with sunscreen for that type. Cleanse and moisturize morning %26amp; night. Keep the face scrub in the shower %26amp; use it 2, 3 times a week MAX. Once she starts removing the dead skin, the pores will be clearer, which should help with breakout problems and the skin will be smoother. There is no need to use Proactive as that is for people with true acne. It would be too harsh %26amp; could make her skin worse!





Let me know if you have any other questions. I am more than happy to help :)Best facial cleanser %26amp; moisturizer for teen daughter?
proactiv only works for so long..


but if she is dry.. proactiv is just going to make it worse.








take her to an esthetician.. maybe a microdermabrasion can be performed..


they work wonders!














try the product line.. DERMALOGICA.


or use a product recommended by an esthetician.
NOOOO!! Both Velocity %26amp; Proactive are for oily and/or acne prone skin. They are very harsh %26amp; are forumlated to dry. Overdrying her skin may cause her oil glands to over compensate %26amp; give her blemishes.





Try Vichy International's Thermafix line of moisturizers. Tney are for deeply dehydrated skin %26amp; actually help to fortify the skin's lipids. All their products are tested on sensitive skin (most people with dry skin fit into this catagory). I am a skincare consultant for Vichy, so if you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Call any Ulta Salons in your area to see if you can pick up a sample or two.





You may also want to make sure that she is using hypoallerginic makeup. Some perfumes %26amp; dyes will be too harsh for her dry, sensitive skin. Good luck!
Contact the health practitioner who owns www.romancing-the-soap.com


She's a medical practitioner, very consumer-oriented, ethical. Her website is a wealth of useful information. Though she does not have an online store I was able to buy some products by asking her if she had anything available for my problems. All I can tell you is that I won't use anything else. (And I'm a ';tough old nurse';, not easily swayed and rarely buy online!) In my experience - and my friends' experiences as well, her products truly deliver the goods and they only cost a fraction of what you'd pay somewhere else. Check out the website and use the Contact Me form. I'm sure you will be quite pleased - and so will your daughter!
mark is a line formulated just for teens it is from the makers of AVON you can check out my website for mark products if you are not happy you can return it you can shop at my website and get free shipping just type mark on the search space.





http://www.youravon.com/monicasaldana





you can also pay with Paypal.
YES -- If she does not have ACNE then try BeautiControl's SkinLogics!! It's gentle and should be perfect for her age.





http://www.bcspalady.com -- if you are in the Austin, TX area I would let you try it first for FREE!
hi girl...i would use neutrogena for washing there are no additives to clog up her pores, and for moisurizing i would stick to that brand..a teenager tends to get clogged pores easily so a really heavy cream might not be so good...Ojon, sold on qvc is also a natural cream that is WONDERFUL but pretty pricey...if she just used it on the t-zone it will last a long time, and it smells like chocolate..it is made from cocoa nuts, if you want to do it on the cheap i would recommend the neutrogena..good luck friend
Is it dry skin or dead skin?


I know it does say it is good for oily to dry but it really is geared toward oily or combination skin this is not the line I would recommend for dry skin sounds like she need formula #1 skin care line not the velocity. I would recommend contacting your MK consultant and sit down for a skin care consultation if you haven't already.
I've used velocity before and found the moisturizer to be very light and not very moisturizing at all. Some drug store lines are pretty good. I'd try those. If she has bad acne, i have a friend who uses proactive and it dramatically changed the look of her skin. If acne is the problem as well as dry skin, I'd definitely recommend it seeing the results it has on my friend. Good luck! You could also go have a skin analysis done by an esthetician at your local spa. They could help you out.
I like Esthetique's Professional Skin Care products. You can find them at http://www.esthetiquebygenavee.com

No comments:

Post a Comment