Monday, November 21, 2011

Looking for pain center for tmj facial and tmj headaches?

I have worn a splint and have been seeing a TMJ Dentist, and I still have chronic pain with migraines. My facial pain is also severe. Does someone have any suggestions about pain centers. I live in Texas, and I would like to use my health insurance as well. I was not able to use insurance with my dentist who specializes in TMJ. I have calcified ligaments and I do not know if there is any solution to my pain except a pain center that specializes in tmj pain.Looking for pain center for tmj facial and tmj headaches?
I don't know exactly where you are, but you might try one of the followng:





1. Baylor Center for Pain Management


2520 N Central Expy # 400


Richardson, TX


Phone: (972) 231-1591





Baylor also has clinics in Dallas Metroplex, Frisco, and Grapevine.





website: http://www.baylorhealth.com/medicalspecialties/pain/





2. Center for Pain Management


4316 23rd St


Lubbock, TX


Phone: (806) 791-3377





website: http://www.painman1.com/





3. Medical Centre Pain Management


800 12th Ave


Fort Worth, TX


Phone: (817) 810-0500





website: http://www.pain-care.org/





here is a quote from this website: ';Our state-of-the-art facilities house an interventional pain management suite, providing complex treatments in a timely manner. Available invasive procedures include: Peripheral nerve blockage (head, neck, trunk, upper and lower extremities)





Baylor is up to date with state of the art treatments and therapies. If I had to choose, I would probably go with Baylor.Looking for pain center for tmj facial and tmj headaches?
Most pain clinics do include dentists who specialize in chronic pain. Since this is a dental/oral problem, your dentist should be able to refer you to one. If not, your family doctor can do so.





I don't know if your problem is this drastic or not, but the tempero-mandibular joint can be replaced if necessary, just like a knee or a hip. I don't know where else this surgery is done, but I do know that it's done in Toronto, at the Wasser Pain Management Centre in Mt Sinai Hospital.





There is some hope, and I fully understand that that's what you're looking for. I'm a chronic pain patient myself.
I'm a nurse. Your primary doctor has information on this, call and ask him. Go ahead and get more than one number, that way you can choose what best fits your needs.
Ask a rhumatologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment