Monday, November 21, 2011

Best cure for severe facial sunburn?

I burnt my face really bad at the beach. I have combination skin, and my skin is acting differently in different spots. I am in pain! Help me!Best cure for severe facial sunburn?
K Im allergic to sunscreen so I seriously know what Im talking about here.


In fact I was at the beach two days ago and got burned as well.





First: Steep a black teabag in ice water for three minutes. Then take the teabag, and slowly(and gently!) run it over the burned areas. Keep dipping it back in the tea and applying it to the burn until you have thouroughly saturated your skin. Let it dry. (This works because the tannic acid in the black tea helps to literally draw the burn up from your skin. It works, I swear.)


Second: Get a cotton ball or cotton pad and soak it in Apple Cider Vinegar. Gently apply it all over on top of the dried tea. This will prevent the skin from blistering and in most cases stop it from peeling before it even has a chance to start. Yes, you will smell awful, buts its worth it in the long run.


Third: If its still severe, you can use an aloe vera gel thats been in the fridge. I dont generally do this, but some people do, its really just up to you.


Hope this helps you! I know its alot but it really does work and it heals burns the fastest.








Note that if your going to go somewhere, only use the tea and aloe vera, and save the smelly vinegar for nighttime. And depending on how fair you are, you may need to carefully wipe off the dried tea with cool water before you go somewhere because it can darken your skin a bit. (Only while its on, nothing permanent)





Also, if it hurts REALLY badly, take a couple of motrin, which will help with the inflammation.





Good luck!Best cure for severe facial sunburn?
hey


my child did the same thing but her forehead only last summer at a soccer tournement.


the same night you couldnt see anything, but the next morning it looked like a layer of skin was dead. me and my hubby took her immediatly to the local urgent care, first come first serve. (not a life or death er, just if your doc is unavaileble :P) they saw her first even though there was at least a 45 min wait! they notified a burn center and they brought someone down with all the supplies immediatly, like in 20 min in an ambulance, she needed treatment fast! we got burn cream, turned her face purple about a 1/2 hour. went back, said its okay, but if she wants she can just put a generous, thick layer of polysporin on it if she would go out; but wayyyyyyy better to use the burn cream.





i recommend you go to a doctor soon!
In Saint Thomas, I looked like a LOBSTER on the back of my legs, so I bought this cream thing. It comes in a clear blue bottle with a red saftey cap and it has a red cross on it. It feels cold on your skin, even when it's not kept in a refridgerator. Here's the secret...ALOE. It helps it to go away quicker and the coldness makes it feel so much better for a few hours. Do it every 3-5 hours, and if it is really THAT severe, try waking up every 2-3 hours at night to apply it. But read the back of the bottle first, because I have no idea how long you are supposed to wait before you apply another 'coat'. = ]
I had a really bad sunburn and used aloe vera gel with Lidocaine and tea tree extract. Mine is from Ocean Potion and i found it at Walmart.
Aloe vera seems to be the best to cool it instantly! Keep reapplying! SORRY :(

No comments:

Post a Comment